cakes

cakes

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Coach Purse Cake

My grandma love purses, and everytime I see her she has a new COACH purse. So, for her 65th birthday what would be better than to make her a coach purse cake!!

I baked two 9 X 9 square inch devils food cake and cut them in half. Then I took one half that I cut, laied it on the cake board and filled it with buttercream. Then took another half stacked that ontop of the one I just filled and filled that one.....and soo on until I got four stacked an filled cakes.

Then I crumb coated the stacked cakes and put it in the freezer to set up.

After the cake was set (freezed for about a day) then I rolled my fondant and covered my cake.


I added fondant "C"s for the coach symbol, and handle and a trim around the cake.

I also added a bow to give it some "prettyness" and a customized coach tag that said, "Happy Birthday Grandma."




ohh yea :) I also made some devils food cupcakes frosted with a buttercream flower (tip wilton #12)






- ♥ Sweettooth



No comments:

Post a Comment